Thursday, May 1, 2008

A poem from Jen!!!!

To my dearest family, some things I’d like to say…
But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I’m writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God above
Here there are no more tears of sadness, here is just eternal love

Please do not be unhappy just because I’m out of sight
Remember that I’m with you when my time on earth was through
God picked me up and hugged me and He said: “I welcome you.”

“It’s good to have you back again;
You were missed while you were gone:
As for your dear family, they’ll be here later on
I need you badly; you’re a part of my plan.
There’s so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man.”

God gave me a list of things that he wished for me to do
And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night, the day’s chores put to flight
God and I are closest to you… in the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years
Because you’re only human, they are bound to bring you tears
But do not be afraid to cry, it does relieve the pain.
Remember: there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.
I wish that I could tell you, all that God has planned.
But if I were to tell you, you would not understand
But one think is certain, though my life on earth is o’er
I’m closer to you now, than I ever was before;

There are many rocky roads ahead, and many hills to climb
But together we can do it by taking on day at a time.
It was always my philosophy and I’d like it for you too….

So, if your meet somebody who is sad and feeling low;
Just lend a hand to pick them up, as on your way you go.
When you’re walking down the street, and you’ve got me on your mind
I am walking in your footsteps only a half a step behind
And when its time for you to go… from that body to be free
Remember that you’re not going… your coming home to me.

2 comments:

Haguewood Family said...

I was showing Brooke Jen's blog and she looked at it for the longest time. She said "she is the prettiest mommy I have ever seen" then she asked me if the kids will get a new mom. She said that they will never be able to get a mom that is as pretty as Jen. Breaks my heart. I need to stop reading this blog, but it makes me thankful for what I have.

Mortimer Family said...

Okay Tori, I'm crying again. I think I'll start to use this blog for therapy...it's a breath of fresh air. It's so wonderful that you and your sisters are doing this.